Terms and Conditions
All Installation, Service and Repairs between the Client and Central Coast Air Conditioning.
They are subject to change without notice and supersede all previous terms and conditions.
The ‘Client’ refers to any of the following: Owner, Builder, Real Estate / Tenant, or Business.
C.O.B – Refers to Close of Business at 5 pm.
- Acceptance of a verbal or written booking or quote becomes a binding contract between the Client and Central Coast Air Conditioning and the Company’s terms and conditions.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will apply a $55.00 cancellation fee to the below appointments booked.
- Applies to diagnostic call outs and maintenance services.
- Excludes free onsite quotes.
- If a cancellation is received from the Client within 24 hours of the booking date the full pre paid amount will be retained.
- If Central Coast Air Conditioning has not been notified of a requested cancellation and the technician has arrived onsite for the diagnostic call out or maintenance service booking (excluding quoted and approved installation and repairs, these have their individual terms and conditions listed). Central Coast Air Conditioning will retain the full pre paid amount.
Licencing & Insurance
- Central Coast Air Conditioning holds all required regulatory licensing and insurances.
- Insurance details for Central Coast Air Conditioning can be provided on request.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning recommends that Clients should clean their filters at least each 3 to 6 months depending on the system/s and usage (This may not be known until after the system has been running).
- All systems require a yearly general maintenance service to ensure that they are running efficiently.
- Some systems will require additional maintenance services on a quarterly or biannually basis.
Commercial Service Contracts
- All maintenance service contracts between Central Coast Air Conditioning and the Client are valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- As a Client of Central Coast Air Conditioning, you will receive biannual maintenance service promotions. If you do not wish to receive these emails, there is an opt out option link.
- Any promotions or discounts by Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held in conjunction with any other offers that Central Coast Air Conditioning provide.
Diagnostic, Quotation, Installation, Service & Repairs
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for alternative heating or cooling sources due to unforeseen delays.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning repair quotes are based on estimated labour times.
- If the repair is completed earlier than quoted labour time, there will be no refund of the additional labour.
- If a repair is completed over the quoted labour time, there will be no additional labour charge.
- Due to the complexity of the modern air conditioning system, there is a risk that not all problems that the Clients air conditioning system has, will have presented themselves at the time of the technician’s diagnosis. This is especially the case when the Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) are faulty.
- If further problems exist, we will provide a further quotation for the addition repairs.
- All quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation provided.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will price match any written installation quotes – Conditions Apply.
- Written quotes must be emailed to Central Coast Air Conditioning for review.
- System and model must be the same.
- Pipework, electrical runs, and components etc need to be listed and be the same or equivalent standard.
- All quotes for new or remove and replacement installations will be sent with the following details:
- Detailed quote.
- Photos of proposed installation location.
- Product brochure.
- Acceptance of a quote from Central Coast Air Conditioning becomes a binding contract between the Client and Central Coast Air Conditioning. Acceptance of a quote needs to be in writing.
- Any variation requests from the Client must be before the quote from Central Coast Air Conditioning is accepted.
- Any variation requests by the Client after a booking, deposit, installation, or repair have been completed may incur additional costs.
- Clients are not under any obligation to accept our quote; we advise all Clients to conduct their own research of the quoted products.
- All efforts have been made by Central Coast Air Conditioning when calculating an accurate heat load. However, Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for the accuracy of the heat load results and will not be able to provide a design statement confirming the accuracy of the data.
- If the Client has approved the installation of a system other than what has been recommended by Central Coast Air Conditioning, the company will not be held responsible if the system has difficulties heating and cooling the required areas at the required temperature.
- Clients are responsible to ensure that there is adequate space around the installation area for ventilation and access.
- It must be clear and free from furniture, vegetation etc.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for moving items.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for any damages caused to items that have not been moved.
- The Client is responsible to notify Central Coast Air Conditioning if their property is under Strata Title.
- The Client is responsible to organise Strata’s approval prior to accepting any quote from Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- A copy of Strata’s written approval must be emailed through to Central Coast Air Conditioning for a reference prior to the booking date.
- Strata may require the Company’s licence details; these are listed on the top of the quote.
- If insurance paperwork is required, this can be emailed through on request from the Client.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning is will not be held liable for costs incurred of an installation relocation.
- This may occur if the Client has not received Strata’s approval nor has the Company been informed by the Client that the property is under Strata Title prior to works being commenced.
New Power Circuit
- A new power circuit will be installed to the Australian Standard AS3000 if noted on the quotation.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be providing confirmation at the time of quoting, that a circuit board will require an upgrade.
- The Client is responsible to ensure that their circuit board is compliant with the AS3000 and has the capacity for the additional circuit required for the new air conditioning system.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible, if at any time a circuit board upgrade is required.
Circuit Board Upgraded
- The Client is responsible to organise any circuit board upgrades at the property.
- All circuit board upgrades will be at the Clients expense.
Third Party Electrician
- If a Client’s third party electrician has not provided a completed electrical circuit for the outdoor unit prior to the booked installation date. Central Coast Air Conditioning will charge and additional $220.00 if required to reattend to commission the air conditioning system after the date of installation.
Fusion Failed Systems
- Fusion may have been caused by an unstable power supply or an electrical storm and is not covered by the manufactures warranty.
- We do not recommend replacing any components as part/s for the repair will outweigh the cost of a new installation.
- All indoor and outdoor electrical components have likely failed including the indoor and outdoor PCB’s.
- Outdoor fan motors need to be replaced at the same time as their corresponding PCB’s and the compressor is unable to be checked without the PCB’s working.
- The compressor is likely to have had its windings degraded due to the spike of electrical voltage during a storm event.
Paint & Patch Repairs
- If any accidental damages have been caused by Central Coast Air Conditioning, we will liaise with the Client and the Companies Authorised Contractor to organise the repair works required.
- This Authorised Contractor will be nominated by Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- Written confirmation of the repair work will be sent from Central Coast Air Conditioning to the Client outlining the area of repairs. This will include photos. These details will also be sent through to the Authorised Contractor.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for the Authorised Contractors booking schedule and availability.
Account & Payment/s
Methods of payment
- Direct Deposit (Remittance to be emailed to Central Coast Air Conditioning by C.O.B).
- Debit / Credit Card (Direct Debit, Visa or Mastercard).
- We do not accept cash or cheque.
- These are required to be made by the Client prior to all booked appointments for diagnostic call outs, maintenance services and approved quoted repairs.
- Pre Payment/s are non refundable after the company has attendance and completed any works.
- Approved repair quotes are to be paid in full prior to any part/s being ordered by the Company and repair booking/s being made.
- Deposit payment for all installation/s is 25% of the total invoiced amount.
- This is due within 24 hour of the quote acceptance and booking.
- Deposit payments are not refundable.
- The deposit will be retained, and labour charges will be payable if a cancellation is less than 7 days prior to installation.
- If Central Coast Air Conditioning attends site to complete booked installation works and the Client is not home, full quoted installation labour charges will be payable for the day.
- Full payment is required by C.O.B on date the installation is completed.
- Should any works remain uncompleted due to unforeseen circumstances Central Coast Air Conditioning will require a progress payment on the day the installation works commence.
- This payment will be up to 95% of the total invoiced amount.
- The Client is responsible to pay for all works carried out and material provided as stated in our quote/s.
- Failure to finalise account/s by the due date will automatically cease any further works.
- Invoices not paid in full within 30 days of the date of invoice may incur an interest charge of 2.0% per month.
- Invoices not paid in full by the due date may incur an additional administration fee of $110.00.
- Debit / credit card payments may incur a 1.5% surcharge at the discretion of the company.
Indemnity & Retention of Title
- Central Coast Air Conditioning has retention of title on all equipment installed until payment has been received in full by Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning reserves the right to remove and recover all equipment provided to the Client if the account has not been paid in full or is in default and the Client hereby consent to entry on their land / premises for this purpose.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning is not responsible for any structural changes to the property.
- Costs or additional labour charges associated with gaining acceptable installation, service or repair access to equipment installed in restricted or unsafe (e.g. high) locations will be forwarded onto the Client for payment in full.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning must be notified prior to works being commenced if the property has Asbestos.
- Asbestos becomes a health risk when its fibres are released into the air and breathed in.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not handle any material that has asbestos.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for the cost of any Asbestos remediation works.
- If your building was constructed prior to 2004 and has not yet been inspected, Central Coast Air Conditioning recommends Clients hire a licenced assessor to determine if the building is a risk. In NSW only a Class A Asbestos removal licence holder should remove or work with this material.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning is not responsible for any existing electrical installation. Unforeseen conditions to aerial or underground mains will be at the Client’s expense unless quoted for.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning is not responsible for boxing in, positioning and the space required for droppers.
- In some circumstances due to the structure of the building some quoted outlets may not be accessible.
- All effort will be made by Central Coast Air Conditioning to avoid pipes and wiring in walls, floors, and ceilings. However, if detailed drawings of wiring and pipe locations are not available,
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible if any wiring or pipes are damaged during the installation process.
- Central Coast Air Conditioning will not be held responsible for any costs incurred for repair of damaged wiring or pipes.
- Consumable items (e.g. batteries, filters, belts etc) supplied with equipment at the time of installation, service or repair will solely be the Clients responsibility unless found defective at the time of installation, service or repair.
- Damage or problems to the system found to be caused by an accessory, component or equipment not supplied by Central Coast Air Conditioning will be a chargeable repair (this repair will be quoted and will require approval prior to repair).
Listed below are Central Coast Air Conditioning’s standard warranty periods for workmanship as well as the standard manufacturer’s warranties.
Central Coast Air Conditioning Installation Works – 1 Year Warranty
Central Coast Air Conditioning Repair Works – 3 Months (90 Day) Warranty
Manufacturer Warranty (Unitary) – 5 Year – Residential
Manufacturer Warranty (Unitary) – 1 Year – Commercial
Any non-Unitary items used in the installation/repair will be as per the manufacturer’s warranty for each item.
Part/s for Repairs – As per individual manufacturer warranty.
Central Coast Air Conditioning advises that regular maintenance services need to be completed on a 3, 6 or 12 month basis.
- Warranty will not be covered if it is found by Central Coast Air Conditioning that the equipment (Unitary) is damaged by outside influences beyond the control of Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- Some examples of these are:
- Fire, Flood, Storm, Lightning Strike, Earthquake, Acts of God
- Vermin/Animals, Misuse, Negligence
- Incorrect Voltage, Vandalism to Equipment
- Power Failure
- Lack of Routine Maintenance
- Operator Error
- Modifications to Equipment carried out by Unauthorised Personnel
- Foreign Matter Entering the Equipment
- Some examples of these are:
- Any Other Outside Agency is not covered by Warranty
- Warranty does not cover routine maintenance service including filter cleaning.
- Damage or deterioration to any part/s caused by normal weathering or corrosive atmospheric conditions (e.g. rust) is not covered by warranty.
- If requested by the Client, Central Coast Air Conditioning will use anti corrosive and protective solutions to help pro long the life of the air conditioning system.
- Equipment (Unitary) which has been reinstalled at another location other than the original location may invalidate any warranty.
- Any works conducted by unauthorised personnel other than Central Coast Air Conditioning may invalidate Central Coast Air Conditioning’s warranty.
- For Central Coast Air Conditioning’s warranty claims will be reviewed and processed on a case by case basis by Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- Manufacturer and installer warranty claims will be reviewed and processed on a case by case basis by Central Coast Air Conditioning.
- If an issue arises after an installation, service or a repair has been completed by Central Coast Air Conditioning, the Client must contact Central Coast Air Conditioning within seven business days of the Client becoming aware of the problem / fault.